Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter rotatable dipole

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter rotatable dipole
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:09:38 -0400
definitely at a 90. The 40 could and probably will interact, potentially a significant amount, with the 15 and contrary to some beliefs and statements "it doesn't interact because my SWR is fine" it can impact the FB seriously before touching the SWR. It might also screw with 17 meters as well if inline.

Having had a dipole turned 90° to the other antennas (on a rotating tower) I can say its not difficult to remember that its off as such - and since it is bidirectional you don't have to worry about going 90 one way vs. another.

Gary
K9RX

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Rhodes