Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another data point

To: <john@kk9a.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question - another data point
From: "Tim Duffy" <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:52:52 -0400
Hello John,

The K3LR stack has been optimized as a 3 high in phase array for best
pattern control (both AZ/EL). Optimizing for best rear rejection (over 180
degrees)and eliminating high angle radiation (lots of noise up there) takes
some doing. HFTA was also used to determine best heights.

As W6NL says "Experience trumps theory".

The 3 high stack at K3LR works very well for DX Contest work.

73,
Tim K3LR