Re: [TowerTalk] Long"ish" loop

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, "'Mickey Baker'" <fishflorida@gmail.com>, <n4jbk@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long"ish" loop
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 22:18:09 -0400
While the pattern is a cloud burner on 80M (when sized for full wave on
80M), the radiation angle comes down as the frequency is increased.
Additional lobes appear, but it is a good useful antenna for local work,
particularly on low bands, with gain over a dipole.  There is enough low
angle radiation to work DX, especially on the next band up.  It is also
inexpensive.

I like this antenna for stateside contacts and is a good one for FD or
stateside contests - especially on the lower bands like 40 and 80M.