[TowerTalk] KF7P Metalwerks newletter

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] KF7P Metalwerks newletter
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:18:32 -0400
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Chris, KF7P, is a TT subscriber and makes some  nifty things that are
for hams and are handy items including a motorized device  for crank-ups
since this is a common topic on TT. This newsletter is FYI.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakhCvbeoJEzQ3v2PbLd06V82zGlJ9X_8gu9INquqHBnCNdmRHDI9tTb0JC
uEcNqvq1TbCXoKl-jZJNxUuPyTaeg-McBLp1Gczku1GM4KCY5G3GRdd7W1FdQ_YH2za7-XwgJ&c=
VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurl
Mm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
More  shipping containers full of KF7P Metalwerks products  headed to
distributors!

SUMMER  NEWSLETTER
Issue: # 10 August 2016

Greetings!   What a summer we've had here...full of adventure activities
with family/friends, and lots of hard work in the shop as  well.  The pic at
left shows myself and my son Sam riding  the Gem Trail near St. George Utah
in June.  Yes, we are  on the edge of a cliff, and the temperature when we
snapped the pic was about 105˚F.  Apart from the fun two  wheeled
activities, I've also been super busy hammering out  entry panels and keeping
my stock
of products on the  shelf.  There are also some new products I've been
working on which should be on my website soon.

I  recently received a question about shipping.  I don't  know how other
small ham vendors do things, but I take this  part of my business very
seriously.  Orders that hit my  inbox by noon Mountain Time ship out the same
day.
This  applies to product in stock (not custom orders).  I use  USPS
Priority Mail on small orders, usually 4-5 pounds or  less, which is a 2 to 3
day
service to anywhere in the  continental U.S.  Apart from the occasional USPS
screw  up, this is a very reliable way to ship.  Heavier orders  such as
entry panels and tower equipment ship UPS  ground.  I've even mastered the art
of packing these so  the gorillas that work the conveyors at UPS don't
destroy your  order before it gets to you, heh.  :-)

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakh_oJZHWKkGjnuYXDRizNAVyPJ1-3DAtnWDGRUx57QEeEmDu3Fgz8DnO6
F7l_ZjupLJ_h5Aqg6RVYS2V7FpM-0cAYNhH2ITC5g9zm9STjDvM-PNg9ps8H82rq18MyOxRS1PvD
8z-8cdcE=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxS
LQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

What does a  first class crank-up tower installation look like?

Recently I paid a visit to a friend who  installed a tower and used several
KF7P Metalwerks products to  ground and complete his installation.  Watch
the video  and see what products were used and how things were  configured.
I love seeing "amateurs" doing things  "professionally"!

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakhKMa5Z1HcIP8W4ApJatX3HGQFOCd2oOI5LA8xJN8oeGSmEzDBrMWmC_x
AOarzd7KnYcGe7vHWexOvmyEKjHLDFmbJf8e_cqKDnqDLHgha-nnEBxNyp13r0ADb20E1jVJdH4J
lCqtkWNQ=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1
ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

What is a Harger®  Uni-shot?

And what is  Exothermic welding?

I now carry _Harger® brand Uni-Shot_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakhrbXxsdCXlr0dDk2Ulqe
ngs-qA5zsNJZRNRD-9vB1roH8azhn-NP-HqEdEoSMMuhgRFuh3tx9vQhn77bLhAdfs_6KXhyjDs0
feZvkr_vx5YcAbw0xxdCp4OFRATUNqyjiN5VVlsSj3vw=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1
ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQn
qgNUooha9Q==)  exothermic welding  products.  What is it?  Exothermic
welding is a way  to permanently weld a heavy gauge copper wire to a ground
rod.
 It creates a permanent, zero maintenance connection  at a ground rod in
lieu of a mechanical bolted clamp. They are  easy to install, don't require
specialized tools, and not  expensive.  Watch the video and see how easy they
are to  use.

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakh17v8nHbplNLDrkXmtmrA2Wgqb_PBTr8VEDQZAlFPCxt31iFYXHuX9kO
85qIItqLY-_5UlzvcAvpP_z34XxV30Iza-91e9qhhukSmd8kTZpLUw0HFKXIYCfxsGE0xMi48bIU
CMm6KW1M=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxS
LQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

Motorize  your crank-up tower winch!

Tired of hand  cranking your tower up and down every time you use it?
Missing out on that DX contact due to time spend hand cranking  your winch?
Throw a motorized hoist on your tower and  spend more time playing radio
instead of getting arm  pump!

Electric hoist mounts now available for most  crank up towers, and work
with inexpensive 120VAC  hoists.

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH75Nl9OlYhB8mnvLbWvooXa1aEBz-GlJYP_EHP3RjmH7OaSdlc9FZz7Wk1hFuxXymHu
J-xQNiheUr5CZI9993vZOtJEWp4chOa7Zp5fYlUNvK-Z9novRaGY6wd_iw3UDYNPQQk0Sn1xF0WQ
v7kBZd4I=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxS
LQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

Polyester/Dacron  rope

What kind of rope should be used to  hang wire antennas?  Something with
very little stretch,  UV resistant, rot proof, and very strong.  We carry
Polyester/Dacron rope in four sizes, and have thousands of  feet in stock.

See the white rope to the left?   This is 1/2" rope and is perfect for gin
pole use, general  hauling, pulling, construction projects, etc.  It has an
insane 7050# breaking strength!

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH-gerXq1nZKSCqG-pcS70diL0Brohi_QM28NbAboijKl-BrI1l2Zxc-BgvCA4AEyNmL
BsZ9PtGTTv-RNiRwdYHf6s9c4g2pLb_jdbT6Ak-fXSJE7fykXOWmegMQICGmoPJtdQTk6raLx8NP
M4zAdCsY=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxS
LQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

All Ferrite now in  stock!

It's time to put an end to the RFI that's been  plaguing your rig, TV, or
XYL's computer speakers!   Sometimes all it takes is a few turns of the cable
around a  toroid or clamp-on to stop the interference.

F  E A T U R E D    P R O D U C T  S

Check our website for _coax arms_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH1eP9bgffO62sEBRgTcLQ_Uld0VrTN6bbe
KHctkOiM8kF1tA80U4R2qvzEI1Zb7kKouCHZWAScqRciEMKaN1zVSL9FZyB6UvkTKC5-4H03h0Le
xJgBesNufUR04a7FT76eoF3YF6u-HV&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIO
nlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
, _pulleys_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0w12I1hlakhl5TJoiKZ8XYQBBZFsbLy9jR5qrRvm27NrM-FHsWYNLAXQ
bzz1Jcxbrn8XuiIYGZEr6A
XDn-iC_8USDQeXoWiu6-459nwVSAcddtFFQdOHamfwySJcaYzfRurw9oDIHgu&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQ
MYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==) ,  _connectors_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8t
HwuVelqq4_k45AZQAW38IDqHMEHjuVc45bRtUNOoBSodgkwXw40CI5kE-gWIrSp_pA-01cy9wNW4
-LgKh3M5pxYasdYy2PPnFc9_hH9PHrhnl1kQp-mKvEJmHEaj4YW2o8e3YQjsGHrNMvT1PceY8yQ=
&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiq
urlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==) , _antenna wire_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tHwuVel
qq4_k4sa-vEgoqlTz88hd-21fUfSjcPeZzCIxFq01RF6soSskqhBbN6ypN9lI_XipOx9rSG6DZ4i
mtdI7a4SEguwAkV4x7BcfYiOBbU4eofnGa-cF0hDSST_6-nS5KxdQKYbq47QX3Ggh3wE4=&c=VgO
wfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8
GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==) , _copper ground hardware_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH0
w12I1hlakhqny20h0jPwSItFjUWEER37Z2KKMijLobrpoY-tVtJ16PyTSDUNIHrdgdI5LKNsKsva
3Y1y1WU2zLoyigDFCOjVlAPWIh3DWl3ZZ_JEQ9Ab_VEzkKdf0gtD34OVYbImrU9tH-L7Arnhg=&c
=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqur
lMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==) , and  more!

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH6p70f4plLxSVk45MxwHLTNEyXZK8B6H_QsWNG-0xw4DteoGbcORzguGWEwxK3yuhdI
ckT4EB5R_03rDI8INQnQzVBl8X_iujRjp_On5pJtd7WgrvkpIiErQOFZB4ZE_PcC7qeUKDNyrrpB
s0PyJAl_orVtUO-Le7w==&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4d
Zg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH
wugDWvHJaLe8ri7tGpSTWH2Ug9XmV3YOVT1IeBm9xHU0FK9-LZsrwXKFTFG-aA_fZAkL597jy5P_
JbnXf2OpNsWbeI9sTCxxqtraNC09y1emPpNmzOzWiuql8Hgi_H_bHX-oM_wkE3xAOaXAtMRCgo=&
c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqu
rlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH6yM7klKJCMeUNmC280hhNd
IvD58NaUBWv1ObwgpmXcLp7MB7lm6TSMYQhi3g_xOcYM0d0Y4mgeXFxMU80vLVbZmzaZ4CggQDNh
SVArx5GQarCNEwtsMJZkgE3KRr3Kfr8JfHJw72xSmyGFYP-E0nYo=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WC
HoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZN
TbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH6p70f4plLxSU-0p20-HLEwf204uwmpH-gxzpvq5rXe-2
m-LOykW7PmC4lSklUWZKqZMp0fDLnToZT36eCFgoBEFuo5ITLBdNwKkUJzpDu4O5eE_d79JayGf9
53mcch6vRfy-C5BQmtwJKX1jsgDVjY=&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYI
OnlYQORn4dZg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)

(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001w6KjpvGzqdjXVZd81NsZ4yAtivdEbvdGhzeQQ-DscgkELHpror8tH75Nl9OlYhB8-Dd-VopuF8JL7CgEGDmts5bpjbXWIHijyZ9Qsxqc3IMf5p_vWF5S2aV
7C_68Z3-OW7zoCJBILXB7dY21lkqeS6S5abxcIBJ-5493Y3LB-eBDA2PVLdAo0sBvKbJ0gUR0FuJ
YXabuOIukk5l_gd5qgQ==&c=VgOwfrqdeOmHUsPJK_WCHoD_8Bu1ILcpxAyuFqiKYIOnlYQORn4d
Zg==&ch=WlxSLQMYnZMiqurlMm8GZzjL9YDSmd8olMZNTbRjEuQnqgNUooha9Q==)
Tower  standoff arms    Alpha Delta switches      Ground  rod clamps
  Tower  pulley block        Coax and  cable

_Join Our Mailing  List!_
(http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1113022803161)

Thanks for reading!  As  always, if there is something you need that I
don't  currently offer,
or have an idea for a  product, please ask me about it.

Chris  Perri
KF7P Metalwerks
801-231-2658
Chris@KF7P.com

KF7P Metalwerks, 3641 So. 700 W., Salt Lake  City