[TowerTalk] OCF Windom

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] OCF Windom
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:53:52 -0700
Some OT's will remember the single wire fed, Windom antenna that was
popular back in the day.  There were a lot of these on the air.

The Windom back then was a wire around 135 feet long, fed with a single
wire, around 1/3 of the way from the end.

What I am wondering is, is this actually a horizontal type antenna, fed
with single wire, or it is more of a 'T' vertical, with the feed wire
actually the radiator?

I think to actually be a vertical, it wound have to be fed against ground,
but I have seen recommendations for using a G5RV type antenna by tying the
center conductor and shield together and feeding it like a vertical.

Just curious.  73
Tom W7WHY