Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Bonding and Basement Shack Location?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding, Bonding and Basement Shack Location?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 20:32:04 -0700
On Mon,8/29/2016 7:54 PM, Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk wrote:
I'm moving to a new QTH in a week or so, and I'm looking for some practical, "baby
steps" advice about grounding, bonding and shack location.

I've posted this link several times. Studying it would be a great start.

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

Shacks can be anywhere you can get power and antennas into easily. I STRONGLY recommend making it easy to walk behind the operating desk so that you can get at the rear panels of everything to connect, change, re-patch cables to add and remove gear, to pull it out for repair, etc.

Everything else is in that link.

73, Jim K9YC

73, Jim K9YC