Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM 470 Sheaves

To: Glen Turner <hgturner@valornet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM 470 Sheaves
From: Paul Dulaff <pdulaff@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 16:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
Glen

The LM-470 has two sizes of pulleys.

The pulleys on the main lift cable system are different than on the upper
telescoping sections and the pull down cable system. There are 12 pulleys
total. 5 of one style and 7 of the other.

If you have the pulley and it just needs the bearing replaced, Tashjian will
sell you just the bearing for $35.00 ea. Sounds expensive but these pulleys are
the Fafnir K8, KP8 aircraft series so have oversized O.D. for increased load
capacity to match the cable. Local prices for these bearings are similar to the
Tashjian prices. IMHO only go with Japanese, USA, German bearings as other
lower cost options may not in the long run really be lower cost.

Complete pulleys are +$75.00 ea.

Paul - WB2NMI