Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Log Periodic: Can it be tower side mounted?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 Log Periodic: Can it be tower side mounted?
From: Larry <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 19:33:02 -0400
There are a number of potential problems:

1. The balance point is just a few inches forward of an element that would be in a tower. Moving the mounting point forward might make it work but then you would probably need some counter balance weight.

2. The phasing lines run down the top of the boom and do not extend too far out (maybe as much as two inches although I think it is less) from the boom.

3. Moving the mounting point forward would be a conflict between the phasing lines and the mounting plate. The mounting plate is a square with two diagonal corners running with the boom (think diamond). The "top" corner of the plate goes between a point where the phasing lines cross over one another. Moving the plate may put the plate in contact or at least very close to the phasing line.

73, Larry W6NWS