Re: [TowerTalk] Auction: (80) Ameritrail Mobile Broadband Tower Trailers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Auction: (80) Ameritrail Mobile Broadband Tower Trailers
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:59:53 -0400
I tried to answer earlier, but Charter failed and the Internet has been down most of the afternoon. You've probably discovered it by now, but these are in Texas. All the lots I looked at used a 2"ball. Nothing on the license, bu there's contact info. I'd assume (which is never safe) that they will require a trailer license. I'd get one from my own state.

Looking at the info, they are all 50 ft, 3 section towers for broadband which to me indicates they "probably" wouldn't handle a big wind load. They "look like" any good 3/4 ton and up pickup truck could haul one, but that contact info is there.

They "look like" a good set up for a club on FD (small 3 and 4L tribanders, rotating dipoles, and VHF antennas?)

My son has a big GMC pickup and has been hauling some good size boats from New England To Fl, so I could get him to bring one up, but from GA to TX, to MI would not be cheap.

73

Roger