Re: [TowerTalk] Mobile Towers

To: "'Jim Rhodes'" <jim@rhodesend.net>, "'jimlux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mobile Towers
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:47:44 -0400
These towers are temporary cell site towers to handle situations like
Katrina and areas of population growth make it a requirement to maintain
phone communications. IMHO they would be ideal for ARRL field day or grid
square hopping when E-skip season is in. Cell antennas are small, and have
small wind area.
With that being said, it would be nice to have something like that to go
hill top hopping with BUT don't but an OB16-3 or anything thing like that on
these. I would like one for testing a new antenna for 6 meters.
Again my 2 cents.
73 Hardy N7RT/4