[TowerTalk] Help with KT-34Xa reflector

To: KTantennas@yahoogroups.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help with KT-34Xa reflector
From: Dave Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:49:19 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Hello gang,

I am finally getting some help and want to repair my 34XA reflector.  The 1" by
72" that goes to the boom mount bent on me a few years ago.  It finally broke
off ad hopefully I will crank the tower down to roof level where the entire
reflector can be reached. M2 sent me a KT-36XA piece and I know I have to drill
and extra hole in the end so it can be mounted. I went to the 1985
documentation and need some help.

I need to know the entire length of the element half plus the length of the 1"
piece from the center to the hose clamp. It looks like the older piece may not
be 72" to the clamp. The Old piece has a short swaged portion and a long cut
out rib to make the hose clamp tight.

I will be able to pull the other half element off to compare but now it is 75
feet in the air.

I last replaced parts to match the latest update in 2008. From the spacer
Length C is 27 and 3/4" and length is 61 and 1/2" to the element tip.

Any ideas (wish I could have found a older 1 x 72" piece).

73 Dave K4JRB