Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning

To: towertalk@contesting.com, RXDesign@ssvecnet.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] questions on the use of a man-bucket and guy tensioning 5
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:58:55 -0400
>  But the guy that is doing the climbing is saying the man  bucket will
make putting the antennas up easier. Having never used one I?m  writing to get
the comments of those that have used one.

>  How is the antenna ?held? to the man bucket? And whatever  that is does
that get in the way of mounting the antenna when at the tower. I.e.  you
have the side rails of the man bucket that would be ?hitting? the tower ?  will
the antenna ?move in? to position and still be SAFELY held until bolted in
place?

Hiya, Gary --

    For me, this is the preferred method for  tower/antenna installation.
Of course I always have a dozen or so carabiners and  slings that make the
job much easier.

>  Is it really any faster?

    Sure. Otherwise you'd have to tram everything up  (which is my second
preferred technique) with the attendant rigging time of an  hour or more. The
crane'll do it in 5 minutes.

    I don't remember any time that guy wires caused  problems with crane
use.

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH