Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?

To: "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:19:21 +0000
I have done a reversible 2 element 80m one.  the elements were cut for the
driven element length, then I ran a 1/4 wave coax from the feedpoint of each
element to a switchbox in the middle.  In the switch box I had relays that
connected the feedline to one element and a variable capacitor to the other
one.  the capacitor through 1/4 wave of coax looks like an inductor which you
can then use to tune the reflector.   its much easier to tune at the middle
with either capacitors or inductors or feedline stubs switched in and out.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373