[TowerTalk] Source of STRONG tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Source of STRONG tower?
From: "Donna Hinshaw" <ag6v@whidbey.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:33:14 -0700
Hi all - Seems that I live in a beautiful but dangerous (according to
engineers who approve towers) place.  My County adheres to the Rev. G of
TIA standards. I want to put up a Class I tower (typical ham use) but am in
a Category D QTH. So... what is the source of all those towers we see on
mountain tops?  Which obviously withstand high winds?  FYI - the AN
Wireless HHD series is not sufficient for my QTH for more than about 5 sq
ft of windload at a measy 50 feet. Not that it is a bad tower, just high
winds are POSSIBLE here.

Any pointers to sources will be appreciated.
----
Donna Hinshaw
AG6V