Re: [TowerTalk] testing 2 element phased array?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] testing 2 element phased array?
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 05:37:50 -0800
On 11/27/16 6:27 PM, Jamie WW3S wrote:
Whats a good way to test and troubleshoot a 2 element phased array? I have a 2 element array
on 40, using the Christman feed method, which used to work quite well.....something
doesn’t seem right with it now....the one direction, maybe is ok, but doesn’t
seem to have the gain it had before.....but the other direction, signals are way down, even
signals that should peak when switched to that direction.....I have a rf ammeter, can I used
that on the feedlines to try to determine where the problem is?

Do the two elements have the expected performance by themselves? If you A/B them against the same signal, do you get the same strength?