Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 el overhaul cost?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 el overhaul cost?
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 00:45:37 -0500
Why not just contact SteppIR?

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Kim
Elmore
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2016 4:49 PM
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 el overhaul cost?

I'm the new trustee for the National Weather Center/OU Amateur Radio Club. We
have a 4 el SteppIR that has suffered the loss of half of two elements. We need
to get it down and work on it, but as I go hunting for $ to do the work, I need
an idea of roughly what I can expect it to cost. I know some out there have
done such overhauls. The antenna has been up for about 10 years and the
elements failed several moths ago.
How much work will this be and what do you thin it will cost?

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it
doesn’t matter who said it./