[TowerTalk] Stepir Repair

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stepir Repair
From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 07:00:41 -0500
I wouldn’t put that many moving parts and fiberglass material in such a
difficult location.
You don’t need spectacular performance, so I’d go for the most durable solution
with the fewest things to fail.
There’s lots of experience re wind survival here on the group and I’m sure they
would be glad to share.
A Tennadyne, maybe six or eight elements would do what you really need.
Perhaps they would be willing to beef up the elements a bit?
If you could assure maintenance of fatigue life, welding the joints would be
nice.
It’s a radical idea, but some study of performance might show that a lower
installation would accomplish your objectives with less maintenance liability.
The first step would be deciding to whom you want to talk.  If it’s all a cover
for DXing, that’s another matter....
Out on a limb, as usual,
WL