[TowerTalk] Ham-IV Controller Interfcae to EA4TX ARS-USB

To: TT TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-IV Controller Interfcae to EA4TX ARS-USB
From: Ron 'KF5JRA' Rosson <kf5jra@oneinsane.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:37:05 -0700
Currently at my station I have a Ham-IV rotor turning my K4KIO Hex Beam with no
issues other than having to reach and hold to get the antenna pointed where I
my next contact is. On the shelf I have an EA4TX ARS-USB(w/24V wall-wart
transformer) that was used by my previous failed Yaesu 450a rotor doing nothing.

What I am looking for is a way of hooking up the ARS-USB to the Ham-IV
controller without ruining the Ham-IV controller. There is nothing wrong with
it other than it does not provide a computer interface to my station for
control.

What are my low cost options with what I have. I have looked at both EZ-Rotor
and Idiom Press and both of those options make the Ham-IV controller unusable
as well as cost money.

My end goal is to be able to have point and shoot from my station software as
well as being able to control my rotor when not physically in the shack.
(Remote operations are done with RS-BA1 to an IC-7300).

TIA
--
73 de KF5JRA
Ron