[TowerTalk] Insulators for 1/4" EHS Guy Wire

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Insulators for 1/4" EHS Guy Wire
From: Dave Clemons <dave@egh.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 16:04:01 -0500
I received a number of good replies to my request. My attempt to reply to the reflector with a summary was bounced. The error was "The message's content type was not explicity allowed". Perhaps it was because I included links to websites?

The insulators I used to have and want to purchase are type 500D. (Thanks Stephen K0SD).

Various companies were suggested, such as AeroBase Group, Army Property, Surplus Sales, Cable Connection Supply, and CSG Parts. You should be able to get their urls from google. Texas Towers was mentioned. I am a past satisfied customer of them, but the smallest insulator on their website is the 502 (too big). Davis RF was suggested, with whom I have also been satisfied in the past, and their part #10-72 has the correct measurements. I have ordered some from them. Their customer representative, April, mentioned that other people have been ordering them lately too. I replied "Of course, it is December in New England, time to put up more radio towers!"

Thanks for all your help.
Dave Clemons K1VUT