Re: [TowerTalk] Double Coax Runs to Reduce Loss

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Double Coax Runs to Reduce Loss
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 11:52:33 -0800
Hi Ed,

No, not twisted pair for chokes. But I have recommended parallel enameled wires and THHN (ordinary house wire) wound on #31 toroids connected as two-wire transmission line. You're correct that closely spaced enameled wire yields Zo about 50 ohms; closely spaced THHN yields Zo in the range of 85 ohms - 100 ohms. Jerry Sevick, W2FMI, noted this result in late editions of his book, and my measurements confirm that within measurement accuracy.

73, Jim K9YC