[TowerTalk] UV & WX deterioration....

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] UV & WX deterioration....
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 20:38:36 -0500
Most of us have built wire antennas out of THHN and we find it difficult to
believe that the PVC coating is causing a loss over time. I have used
copperweld antenna wire at my home in Aruba and it held up poorly breaking
after a couple of years while THHN seemed to last with no degradation in the
same environment. I have no idea if there was any RF degradation. Kudos to
K2AV for putting his unpopular belief on towertalk. I have not seen his
measurements and I am do not know if the losses he describes are 0.1dB or
1.0db. I am certainly open to learning new things. I am also still
interested in his quick stripping method.

John KK9A