[TowerTalk] Rohn Structual Analysis

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Structual Analysis
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 13:01:11 -0500
In all my years of putting up towers I have never had such a agonizing
experience as this one.  However, it may be nearing an end after starting this
process in November, 2015.

The final roadblock after, issues from the electrical reviewer, dept of solid
waste, (honest) as well as a bunch more BS is "structural analysis
calculations" of the tower.

Structural engineers are far and few on the Big island and cost for same is
outrageous.  The building dept said they would accept Rohn's numbers as being
sufficient for review.  Of course the Rohn handbook does not have detailed
enough info to use, other than windload etc.

I know the detailed structural analysis info is available from Rohn, but it is
a long weekend and I would like to resolve this ASAP.  I also understand that
this Rohn analysis is not cheap and would like to avoid this route.

The tower is a Rohn 45 tower, 90 feet tall, guyed at 40 feet and 80 feet.  Does
anyone have any structural analysis either from Rohn or from a submittal to
their building department for a tower like this or similar in height or tower
type.  Also, has anyone used Rohn for this analysis, and if so what was the
cost?  Any info shared would be appreciated.

It seems once they get this info I should have permit in hand in a week or so.

Bill K4XS (soon to be activating KH7XS, I hope!)