Re: [TowerTalk] 80m rotary dipole for 160M RX ?

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m rotary dipole for 160M RX ?
From: VE6WZ Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:29:42 -0700 (MST)
Yes Jim....
For the last 5 years I have used my 80m Yagi elements for a phased rx array on
160m. It has been my main 160m rx antenna most of the time.
I use vacuum relays at each element to switch in dedicated CAT 5 lines which
are passively matched with some toroids.
I have also tried to use active hi-Z amps at each element, but passive feeding
has proved best.
I end-fire phase them and my modelling indicates I realize about 10.5 dB RDF.
Yagi is at 100'.

Short answer...yes, your dipole will make an effective rx antenna since more
antennas are always better.
I can provide off-list detail of my feed system.

de Steve, VE6WZ