Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 going away

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 going away
From: Mike via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:25:47 -0500

All well and good Roger....

But... a well built and sturdy bullet proof antenna shouldn't need to be
repaired?...40 plus years on the TA-36 and no repairs...I bought it 2nd hand
and  now it has a new owner going into its 5th decade....with nothing
needing  repair other that 2 new insulating blocks..that I made myself.

How many Force 12's or any other "new and improved" have been here 50
years or will be around in 2067?

I didn't need to search out data on which antenna does what and how
where...I got what I knew would be the best bang for MY money...alleged
performance issues aside...I got what I wanted...8 bands on 1 antenna for  1
tower
that will take what Ma Nature and Father time could throw at it for  decades
and still just keep on working.

If I had a super contest station sure...other stacks of antennas of
different designs would be ideal...I'm sure...but I do not...I work what ever I

hear and do OK in the contests.

All the bashing I have heard in the past sounds a lot like the crap you see
 from MSNBC and CNN lately.

73

Mike W2GR

In a message dated 1/28/2017 7:53:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,