Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 20:14:36 -0500
I would either build a fan dipole or buy a trapped dipole. The Diamond W8010
dipole also works on 80m.

John KK9A

To:     "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:        [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna
From:   Dick NY1E <dick@ny1e.com>
Date:   Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:51:25 +0000 (UTC)

I'm in a limited space location, I'm looking for a wire antenna to use on
40-10
meters. The handbook says a 40m dipole fed with ladder line will be 2 half
waves in phase on 20, and have 1.8 db gain. My coax fed 20m dipole is 10db
better than my coax fed 40m dipole on 20, will open wire feeders and a tuner

really improve it that much?de Dick NY1E