Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-10 meter wire antenna
From: Matthew King - KK4CPS <KK4CPS@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:21:38 -0500
Anybody that actually believes they're going to pick up 10db from using
ladder line vs coax has lost the plot, I'm afraid.

That'd effectively (simplistic approach here, but it gives the rough idea)
take a 100w transmitter and turn it into a 1000w transmitter. Running legal
limit? Nah, now you're booming 15kw EIRP!

Physics don't allow such, at least to the best of my knowledge....

73

Matt
AK4MK