Re: [TowerTalk] Elements of a yagi

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Elements of a yagi
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 14:54:26 +0000 (UTC)
From what I understand I can do better than a conventional 4 element yagiwith
one of these newer designs.

BobK6UJ

      From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
 To: towertalk@contesting.com
 Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 4:57 AM

Assuming that you do not have too few elements and it is not very poorly
designed, gain is closely related to boom length as you stated. In the
early days it seemed that N6BT and WA3FET added the extra element to
achieve OWA however it is not always necessary. This is specially true
with larger Yagis where the directors can have considerable spacing. I got
rid of my hairpin matches years ago and have not looked back.

John KK9A