Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new home purchase

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new home purchase
From: Gary Johnson <gwj@wb9jps.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 12:58:06 -0800
I'm still searching for the perfect QTH, but so far I've had wonderful
experiences in contacting hams in various towns. If I don't already know a ham
in that area, I search in QRZ by city, then pick out a few active operators and
send them a friendly email. Some have sent me long, informative responses and
some have invited me to call, and we had a nice chat. I learned a great deal
about the practicality of towers in those areas. In two cases, we scheduled a
visit when the XYL and I were vacationing. K1JD even arranged a lunch for us
with about 15 local hams. Now that's ham spirit!

So try to contact some guys, call the county/city, and above all visit the area
at the worst time of year to experience optimally-bad weather.

Gary NA6O