Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice on tower restrictions possible new
From: JVarney <jvarn359@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:06:41 -0800
Wouldn't you want the opposite? If a county has a blanket height
restriction on all types of structures, and that height limit is
lower than my planned towers, then I would avoid that county
unless it had a ham tower exemption. If a county has cell phone
tower regulations (which are common), I would avoid that county
unless they exempt ham towers from those rules.

But if you can't change counties, having these restrictions is not
necessarily a deal-killer. You might have to apply for a use permit
or a variance, requiring more time, money and anguish.
Unfortunately there's no guarantee they will approve your application.

One bit of good news in N1BBR's favor is that Kansas has a state
law, implementing PRB-1,  that provides a limited preemption of local
ham tower restrictions.

73 Jim K6OK