Re: [TowerTalk] Urgent Receive antenna for 20/15/10

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Urgent Receive antenna for 20/15/10
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:58:47 -0500
Sorry to hear about your problems.  I'll be bringing a K3S to St Croix VI
in a week. Years ago I had display issues once with a transceiver while in
Aruba. I spent an hour on the phone with K7JA of Yaesu, he tried very hard
to help me get it running but we were unsuccessful. Luckily I was able to
borrow a rig.

Most of your RX signals from the US should be loud so probably do not need
much for RX. Maybe you can listen on your low band antennas. I am not sure
how the AUX is wired in the K3 but it may be safer if you could put a
relay to short it during TX.

GL
John KK9A - P40A - WP2AA etc