Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Multiple failures, fix?

To: k5gs@arrl.net,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Multiple failures, fix?
From: W4AAW@aol.com via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:39:59 -0500
If you read the manual for both T2X and the Ham-M series, you will see quite a
thorough discussion on the absolute necessity of shimming up any mast that is
not to their specs.  I use 2" masts, so a total of 1/4" shim is required.  I
use two 1/8" x 2" x 8" aluminium shims, one on each side of the "V" in the bell
housing.  Use Gorilla tape to hold the two shims in place because otherwise the
corrective shims  WILL move when you insert your mast.

The mast is now centered, the gear whining has stopped, the thrust is no longer
forced to deal with a wobbly mast and the bottom  mounting bolts with lock
washers no longer work lose and fall out.

The manual tells exactly how to do this.

The guys at Cornell Dubilier designed the rotors well.  It is mainly hams in a
hurry who are responsible for premature failures.

73
Mike
W4AAW