Re: [TowerTalk] G-2800SDX rebuild notes/videos/advice?

To: Paul Beckmann <wa0rse@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-2800SDX rebuild notes/videos/advice?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:56:29 -0800
Some info which may help since the internals are similar at http://wf0gm.fpage.com/rotor1.htm

I've had more problems with the controller pointer mechanism than the rotator (2800) or spring for a Green Heron.

My preferred grease is SuperLube TFE loaded full synthetic for temperature stability, long life, and corrosion protection. http://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-multipurpose-grease-ezp-49.html

You might need to replace the balls if rusted, McMaster has them in stainless.

Grant KZ1W