Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna model

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna model
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 05:21:08 -0800
On 2/23/17 3:55 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
EZNEC is a great tool and fun to use but it sure would be nice if it
optimized.

This is why 4nec2 is great. It has a decent optimizer. I believe AC6LA also has AutoEZ which is a front end for EZNEC

 I am not sure what you impedance is. I am sure that you can
make it direct feed 50 ohms if you can extend the boom a few feet.  This
makes it very easy to adjust the DE for low SWR.  GL with your project.

John KK9A