[TowerTalk] Mobil 1 SHC 634 oil change?

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobil 1 SHC 634 oil change?
From: Kent Olsen <kilo6dko@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 08:15:35 -0800
I am going to do a gear oil change on a Hub City gear box on my US Tower
HDX572 MDPL. The recommend oil is Mobil 1 SCH634. In reading on the Mobil
website for this oil it says "*Filled for life gearboxes*, especially high
ratio/ low-efficiency worm gears". Should I worry about changing the oil? I
bought this tower used, 3 years ago, and it is in great shape but I have
never changed the oil in it. As far as I can tell the tower was built in
the late 1990's. I dont know if the oil has ever been changed. The gear box
doesn't make a sound when working.

Thanks
73
Kent