[TowerTalk] current balun question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Dave A Clemons <Dave@EGH.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] current balun question
From: Dave Clemons <dave@egh.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:47:47 -0500
I would like to build a 40 meter sloper array based on K3LR's QST article of 1994. (This article is still available on the web, although I do not have its url handy (google K3LR sloper array - it was for 160 meters). In it he used a bead balun on RG142. I would like to know if I can use the simple coax balun used by many on antennas (8 or so turns on a 4 or 6 inch diameter circle). I am suspicious that doing so would cause the coax lines on the parasitic elements to no longer be the proper length for 153.45 degrees, acting sort of like a loading coil. Am I correct to assume this would be a bad idea?

Thanks,
Dave K1VUT