Re: [TowerTalk] Beverages and verticals

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverages and verticals
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX via TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:23:11 -0400
Many years ago, when I put a similar question to the Top Band forum, I was told by several respondents that running a Beverage down a hill had little effect on its performance. FWIW.

73, Joe
K2XX

Jim Brown wrote:
The NE/SW run will be running pretty evenly downhill and will drop from around 1150 feet to around 1000 feet above sea level. While this is great for a Yagi, how will it affect the Beverage going downhill? Conversely, how will the rise of 150 feet affect the Beverage in the opposite direction?

Mine are bi-directional and terminate into a rise in one direction, more or less flat in the other. Since I have no reference it's hard to say whether that matters.