Re: [TowerTalk] TriEx towers misc

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TriEx towers misc
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:04:57 -0700
Interesting to see the progression of the manufacturers of towers. While not
unusual in business to see buyouts, mergers and the like it seems to be
particularly prevalent in the amateur radio market. No doubt no tower
manufacturer could live on sales solely to the amateur radio market, also true
with so many other items that have some attachment to the amateur market.

Unfortunately, the evolution of a company or companies serving the amateur
radio market often gets lost. Would be nice to see some of this history many of
you have shared over time captured for reading later on, I guess basically
woven into the web’s eternal memory someplace. If one goes to
http://www.tashtowers.com/history.php there is some history re the
Tri-Ex-Tashjian story, but no mention of Wilburt (Will-Burt?) for example.
Today if you Google Tri-Ex history you get
http://www.tri-extower.com/history.php (what?- The Phillipines - confusing to
say the least)

From the conversations I’ve read here I would understand there were some
(subtle?) changes between the engineering/design/manufacture of LM towers,
significant or not??. Might be helpful, if there is any material significance,
to have that documented as well.

Luckily, I have the original WT-51 manual that came with the old spare WT-51
Tri-Ex tower I have, including what appear to be a couple of hand notations on
dimensions (nothing of importance). I will try to load it to ‘bama’ under the
Tri-Ex name (as that is what company manufactured it).

Don W7WLL