Re: [TowerTalk] Beverages near the seawater ???

To: towertalk@contesting.com, co8dm@frcuba.cu
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverages near the seawater ???
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 08:03:32 -0700
The issue near salt water is the depth and distance of salt water intrusion beneath "land". Many (most?) coral atolls don't have fresh water springs indicating total intrusion. So a Beverage over "dry" land may be just a few more feet above salt water and not work so well, since land elevation might be 2 to 5' above high tide.

Other receive antennas, while some are not totally ground independent, are known to work ok in such situations. I've and others on atolls and sandbars have used a DHDL with good results.

Grant KZ1W