Re: [TowerTalk] digging radials

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] digging radials
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:08:51 -0500
Seems to me that the deeper the radials are buried the more the covering material might detract from performance in some situations. If the covering material were a perfect conductor then radials would be redundant. If the covering material is a perfect insulator the radials would not be interfered with at all.

Maybe some of our resident gurus might explain what happens in between the above two idealized situations and explain what happens when the covering material is in between an insulator and a conductor.

Patrick        NJ5G