Re: [TowerTalk] Moving a Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Moving a Tower
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:39:12 -0500
Some tower hauling might be done in the dark where a flag might not be seen. Magnetically attached trailer lights can be used on the overhanging portion of a tower. They come with a long cable and a plug to fit a common connector on vehicles set up for towing. Inexpensive adapters are available to convert from round styles to rectangular style connectors or vice versa if needed. These provide tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals. I bought mine in the 80's and they are still working just fine. Same thing still available. Aluminum tower? Duct tape or bailing wire.

Patrick        NJ5G