Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope as an insulator

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope as an insulator
From: Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:05:26 -0500
For your particular purpose, you might consider a polyester covered
kevlar material of the minimum diameter required to carry your
calculated load plus a little engineering buffer.
Some folks use this material for guy wires and the like.

It has good strength in tension, doesn't stretch much, less
cross-sectional area, etc, etc.

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389