Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dacron rope
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:29:22 -0400
The water is conductive, probably the rope is not that conductive. I
always use Phillystran on elements and insulators at the end of dipoles
where it connects to rope. My 40m OptiBeam uses rope for an element truss
but it has a plastic insulator where it attaches to the element. If your
rope was attached near the tip of the element and you were running a KW it
would likely be destroyed.

John KK9A