Re: [TowerTalk] One wire antenna 80-10 meters?

To: n4zr@comcast.net, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] One wire antenna 80-10 meters?
From: Joe via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:37:45 -0400
Hi Pete,

home. It's fed with 450 ohm line through a manual tuner.

In my portable antenna box, I have two 80M half-waves antennas, both fed with
450 ohm line. They're great instant all-band antennas with a tuner.

or nay.

For my money, a doublet, 130 ft or longer, is my favorite. Easy to build,
guaranteed to work.
And If you get greedy and put up two at right angles, you can take advantage of
the gain on the higher bands and also fill in the nulls on those bands.

I used to have two at home like that and daisy-chained two tuners so I could
switch antennas quickly.

Later, Joe, K8MP

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail