Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Rotors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T2X Rotors
From: Dennis W0JX via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 22:26:36 +0000 (UTC)
The older T2X rotors made by CDE are the very best. I had one that was made in
1977 and it lasted until 2015 when it broke down. It had never been opened.
Used to turn a TH-6DX, a stack of three monobanders, and lastly a TH-11.

The ones first made by MFJ/HyGain were of poor quality but the latest ones are
much better. I see that now the new T2X rotators include ferrite beads inside
to reduce the effects of RF on the meter readings.

Therefore I would avoid any used T2X made by MFJ unless you send it away to be
overhauled. Buy a brand new unit with or without the controller. Incidentally,
HyGain is coming out with a modification kit very soon to eliminate the old
troublesome indicator pot and replace it with some type of pulse counter. A new
gear will have a magnet mounted on it to count the turns. This info per the
HyGain people at Xenia in May.

73, Dennis W0JX