Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle clamps (muffler clamps)

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Saddle clamps (muffler clamps)
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 18:12:21 -0400
In spite of the muffler clamp naysayers here, and the fact that I also like the cast aluminum saddles favored by some, I've been really impressed with the Cycle24 (K5GO) muffler clamps now sold by DXE.

These are NOT your father's muffler clamps.

First off, the bent portion of the u-bolt is flattened and cross-hatched. This serves two purposes - it grips the hell out of whatever it's trying to grip, and it suffers from less long term relaxing. Most of the relaxing it will ever do happens right off the bat.

Next, they are nicely hot dipped galvanized.

And lastly, the saddles are NOT paper thin. These saddles will not deform unless you are tightening them on a too small cylinder.

I like them.

-Steve K8LX