[TowerTalk] waterproofing big #31 clamp-on choke

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] waterproofing big #31 clamp-on choke
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:22:56 -0700
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:03:41 -0500
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] waterproofing big #31 clamp-on choke

Unless the ferrite material is porous such that water can penetrate the
surface, I don't understand their disintegration. I thought they were
essentially like glass. If they aren't, and if water can penetrate the surface,
then freeze/thaw cycles will certainly damage them.

Kim N5OP

## Are they hygroscopic ..or not ?     Put a single core into a dish  or tub of
water overnight...at room temp.   Take a 2nd core..and toss it into your deep
freezer section.  See what happens the next day.  Take the 1st core and toss it
into
the deep freeze, see if it cracks the following day.

Jim  VE7RF