[TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recomme

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coax choice for crank-up - looking for TT experience/recommendations
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:15:37 +0000
I'm putting together a new contest station and have already decided on/obtained
LDF5-50A for the 150ft runs to the bases of the two crank-up towers.
Looking for real-life experiences with cable choices for going up the
telescopic crank-up towers.  Seems to me LDF Heliax (either 4-50 or 5-50) won't
have sufficient flexibility for the job - the towers are likely to be up/down
frequently for neighbour and passing storm reasons. Am I too cautious on that
score or is a low-loss coax with stranded core like the Messi & Paolini
Hyperflex/Ultraflex series or LMR 400/600UF a better bet?
73, David G3WGN  M6O