Re: [TowerTalk] G-800s Rotator Control lamp issue

To: Larry Banks <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>, Ham - Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] G-800s Rotator Control lamp issue
From: Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 19:34:00 +0000 (UTC)
I looked through all of my Yaesu rotor manuals and there is no part number
shown for the bulb, only the rating of 12v @ 100ma as you already knew.  I
recall that others have taken the opportunity to replace the incandescent bulb
with LED's (remember to include a diode in addition to the limiting resistor
since the bulb is powered from AC).  Choosing a colored LED can add a 'Techie'
look to the display!
If the bulb connects to the PC board with a connector, it might be worthwhile
to cycle the connector once or twice in case it's not making reliable contact.
-Mike-
WA6ZTY