Re: [TowerTalk] Bearings for Axial Load

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bearings for Axial Load
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:30:29 -0700
TFE is very UV resistant.  Promoted to replace glass on solar panels.
https://www.chemours.com/Teflon_Industrial/en_US/assets/downloads/k23269_Teflon_films.pdf

However, it is subject to significant mechanical creep. Early wire wrap wire TFE insulation was known to "cut through" over time if routed too tightly against a wire wrap post.

Grant KZ1W