Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the Moxon

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Modeling the Moxon
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 07:53:26 -0400
Dave's original statement was "can someone model 2 40 meter yagis stacked?" .... at the time the discussion was about stacks - then got in to the relative performance of 40 meter stacks ... my intent was/is to do just that ... 2 x 2 element yagis will serve the purpose. If modeling the interaction of the 40 on say a 15 (it won't interact noticeably with a 20) then I can attempt a Moxon. Note I have modeled a Moxon before with results that seem correct ...using NEC2.

Regarding 40 meter stacks ... when I model 2 x 2 element yagis at 140/70 the increase in gain is only about 1.4db ... which was my original point that there isn't a great deal gained from stacking on 40 meters other than the change in angle (which again the lowest one will seldom be the better choice over the stack) and if available having the ability to go 2 different directions... extending that to 2 4 element antennas the increase in gain is even less - less than 1 db. My original comment was you need to get 40's up higher and further apart to start to get a bit more gain increase. (that stated even with 20's stacked the increase in gain when stacked "properly" is 'only' about 2.4 db or so).

Gary

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Subich, W4TV